About the event
St John's Hospice is excited to partner with Skyline Events bringing you this amazing skydiving opportunity. Take part in this tandem skydive, where your jump and training will be completed in one day, and you will be harnessed to an experienced instructor at all times during your skydive.
You will get to freefall down to 5,000 feet -falling through the air at 120 mph! You will also get to ride the parachute down to the ground – you will be taught how to steer onto the drop zone. Don’t worry about the landing, this will be controlled by your instructor. You will also receive a certificate from the airfield to prove that you have completed a ‘two-mile high’ Tandem Skydive!
You can request any two dates in the year when you would like to complete your skydive and choose from a list of participating airfields subject to availability. If you are based in London, your closest airfields are Maidstone and Peterborough.
"I wanted to do this Skydive for St John’s so they are able to continue showing the same care and compassion we received to others and in continued memory of my beautiful cousin, Nicola.”
Why skydive for St John’s?
As part of Team St John’s you will receive:
- A free branded t-shirt.
- One-on-one support to help you with your fundraising, including fun ideas.
- Regular e-newsletters to keep you up to date with all our latest news and activities.
Most importantly, your fundraising will help us to reach more people and provide more care. Whether it is supporting a child with a bereavement counselling session following the loss of a loved one, providing a community nurse with new clinical equipment, or providing specialist one-to-one nursing on our Inpatient Unit, your fundraising will enable even more people in our community to live well for longer.
How your support helps
- £25 could fund a bereavement counselling session for a patient's loved one, providing them with much needed support at the toughest time.
- £50 could fund a group art therapy session in our Day Care Unit, enabling our patients to learn new skills, express themselves and above all else, relax and have fun with one another.
- £250 could fund a day of expert nursing care from a Healthcare Assistant in our Inpatient Unit.
- £500 could fund 24-hour at home nursing care for a patient who wants to remain in familiar and comforting surroundings in the later stages of their illness.
Get in touch
If you have any issues regarding the booking process or any technical questions, please get in touch with our partners Skyline Events on 020 7424 5522 and they would be able to assist you.