About the event
The Royal Parks Half Marathon, presented by the Royal Bank of Canada, is London’s most scenic half marathon. The stunning 13.1 mile route takes in many of the capital’s world-famous landmarks on closed roads, and four of London’s eight Royal Parks – Hyde Park, The Green Park, St James’s Park and Kensington Gardens. Although there are some gentle undulations it’s a generally flat course, making it fantastic for both beginners and experienced runners.
Please note, you must be aged 17 or over on the day of the event to take part. The deadline to apply for a spot on our Royal Parks Half team is Friday 30 August 2024.
“Having met the St John’s team at the National Running Show, I was reminded of the incredible care my mother received and that the work done by such organisations is something that I will always be extremely grateful for. I wanted to run for St John’s to make sure that others will also get to experience that care when they need it most.”
Why run for St John’s?
As part of Team St John’s you will receive:
- A free technical running vest plus iron-on letters to customise your kit.
- One-on-one support and mentoring to help you with your training and fundraising.
- Regular e-newsletters to keep you up to date with all our latest news and activities.
- Race day support from the side-lines with our cheer stations.
Most importantly, your fundraising will help us to reach more people and provide more care. Whether it is supporting a child with a bereavement counselling session following the loss of a loved one, providing a community nurse with new clinical equipment, or providing specialist one-to-one nursing on our Inpatient Unit, your fundraising will enable even more people in our community to live well for longer.
How your support helps
- £25 could fund a bereavement counselling session for a patient's loved one, providing them with much needed support at the toughest time.
- £50 could fund a group art therapy session in our Day Care Unit, enabling our patients to learn new skills, express themselves and above all else, relax and have fun with one another.
- £250 could fund a day of expert nursing care from a Healthcare Assistant in our Inpatient Unit.
- £500 could fund 24-hour at home nursing care for a patient who wants to remain in familiar and comforting surroundings in the later stages of their illness.
Get in touch
If you have a question or would just like to know more about the Royal Parks Half before joining Team St John’s, please get in touch. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 020 7806 4093.