Together, we offer care & support
St John’s Hospice aspires to a time when every individual can approach death informed, supported and free of pain; a time when the needs of the individual, and of those close to them, are met with personalized care at the end of life.
Our mission is a charity dedicated to providing specialised end of life care and support to local people, their families, friends and carers.
- We will strive to create a welcoming, peaceful and personal atmosphere of care in all of our services.
- We will provide a high quality of care which promotes quality of life, and respects the needs and wishes of each person.
- We will promote personal choice by making people aware of the options available to them for their treatment and care at all stages of their illness.
- We will work with other health and social care professionals and community organisations to improve the quality of palliative care received by patients.
- We recognise the need to provide training and education opportunities to all staff to ensure that the hospice continues to be a centre of excellence in palliative care and can also act as an educational resource for others.
- We believe that the highest quality of care is best achieved by a multi-disciplinary approach, where professionals and non-professionals work together in a knowledgeable and friendly atmosphere.
- We appreciate that this is often a time of anxiety and concern. However, we ask that all those who use our services respect each member of staff in whatever capacity they are working with patients and families.