Our charity shop is preparing to reopen!
We are delighted to announce that we hope to reopen our charity shop doors on Monday 12th April 2021.
Like many other charities, we have felt the effects of COVID-19, not least within our fundraising efforts. Our charity shop plays a vital role in helping raise funds for our essential palliative care so we’re thrilled to have the support of our local community.
Naturally, with COVID-19 still present in the world we are taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety of our customers, staff and amazing volunteers.
Below are some key details as to when our shop will be open, what we’ll be accepting from a goods donation point of view, and how you can help ensure your amazing donations are ready as soon as possible for us to start selling.
- We are reopening on Monday 12th April 2021.
- To ensure all our supporters have ample opportunity to shop with us, we will be open 7 days a week from 10 am – 4 pm.
- All customers must wear a mask upon entry and hand sanitiser will provided.
- The maximum number of customers allowed in the shop at any one time will be kept to 4.
- A one way walking system will be in operation, with vinyl floor markers to guide.
- The changing room will remain closed.
- All payments will be contactless and no cash will be accepted.
Information on donating goods
We know many people have been enquiring about leaving donations, and we’re looking forward to receiving them, however, we want this to be safe for both you, our staff and those customers who are keen to buy these items. With this in mind please do follow the below guidelines.
When can I drop off donations at this shop?
We will be accepting walk-in donations on a daily basis, with a request of no more than 2 bags per household per day, until maximum capacity is reached.
What we can accept:
- Accessories including shoes, bags and jewellery
What we unfortunately cannot accept at this time:
Best practice for donations:
- Donations should be placed into a bag with a tie at the top.
- Homewares must be carefully wrapped and placed inside a sturdy box.
- Please ensure that any donation boxes or bags can be easily lifted by one person, to prevent injury to yourself or our staff.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our changing room will remain closed and customers will not be permitted to try on items in store. We do have a Returns Policy, where items can be returned within 14 days of purchase for exchange or a refund. This will exclude any personal items such as discounted items, underwear, face masks and media of any type. Items will need to be returned in the condition that they were purchased in, with the original tag still attached with proof of purchase.