Light Up a Life 2022
Be a part of something special and join our ‘Light Up a Life’ celebration on Monday 5 December 2022, helping to make a difference for people living with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones in your community.
With poems, readings and music, this multi-faith celebration is a chance to come together as a community and make an extraordinary difference for people living with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones in your community. It is also an opportunity to celebrate and remember all those we love and have made a difference in our lives.
The service will be followed by a candle-lit procession to Lord’s Cricket Ground for a drinks reception. This will be a fantastic opportunity to meet our staff and to hear more about our hospice and the impact you can make, as well as view our virtual festive tree of dedications.
- When: Monday 5 December, 6-9pm
- Where: St John’s Wood Church, Prince Albert Rd, London NW8 7NE followed by a reception at Lord’s Cricket Ground, St John’s Wood Road, NW8 8QN
- Ticket price: £5 suggested donation per person
For each ticket purchased you will also receive a free hand-crafted ‘Light Up a Life’ wooden bauble to hang in your own home commemorating this special event.
Place a dedication on our virtual festive tree
Celebrate a loved one or occasion and place a dedication on our virtual festive tree. The virtual tree will be showcased at the reception at Lord’s Cricket Ground on Monday 5 December. You will also receive a link to the tree which you can share with your friends, family and loved ones.
How your support helps
- £10 could fund a nutritious meal and drinks throughout the day for a patient visiting our Day Care Unit, ensuring that they are getting a hot meal throughout the cold winter months.
- £30 could fund an emergency fuel top-up card for a patient out in the community, ensuring that they are not forced to choose between heating or eating as the cost of energy rises this winter.
- £50 could provide a bereaved child or young person with the opportunity to attend our winter activities programme, enabling them to meet and have fun with other children who have experienced similar loss throughout the school holiday.
Get in touch
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 7806 4093.